With the upcoming Creative Cloud, Adobe has eliminated their subscription service for the Creative Suite. The Creative Cloud will include access to all Creative Suite applications and also the new Touch Apps. It also will include file sharing and online storage.
The cost will be $49.99 per month. Adobe is still making subscriptions to individual applications, but the wave of the future is using the new Creative Cloud.
If you have been wondering when Adobe plans to upgrade the Creative Suite, history has a thing to tell us…
- CS – Released in October 2003.
- CS2 – Released in April 2005 (18 months after CS).
- CS3 – Released April 2007 (24 months after CS2).
- CS4 – October 2008 (18 months after CS3).
- CS5 – Released April 2010 (18 months after CS4).
- CS6 – If history is showing us a pattern….October 2011?
There is bad news for those still using CS3. Adobe has said that CS3 will not be upgradable to CS6. So if you are still using CS3, keep in mind that you will end up paying full price for CS6 whenever Adobe plans to release it.
*Ascend Training has no knowledge of any Adobe release dates.