Web Development Classes
Website development level 2This Level 2 class is designed for those that either have experience with HTML or have taken our HTML5 Level 1 class. Learn more advanced development features with HTML5 and explore other new technologies. Students will learn more advanced development features with HTML5 and explore other new technologies.
Responsive website design for mobile devicesLearn to create responsive designs for numerous screen sizes. Students will learn to use Media Queries, use jQuery Mobile, ThemeRoller and PhoneGap. Best practices for design and sizing will also be covered.Prerequisite: Web development Level 1 or equivalent experience.
Website graphics with photoshop level 2This Level 2 class is designed for those that either have experience with HTML or have taken our HTML5 Level 1 class. Learn more advanced development features with HTML5 and explore other new technologies. Students will learn more advanced development features with HTML5 and explore other new technologies.
- "Rich was fantastic–he obviously knows what he's talking about. He was very organized and spoke clearly. He was great about stopping and asking questions. He even took the time to over additional information at our request. I can't say enough good things." –Sarah L, LaFluer Design
- "Used excellent analgoies to describe concepts–this was an excellent way of helping me understand concepts that were very hard. Used real world examples when teaching not just the 'how' but the 'why.' " –Peter V., U.S. Cellular
- "Questions were encouraged, and explanations were detailed, but not overwhelming. Great instructor, very patient with me, Ron was very helpful!" –Ron D., Axiom Labs
- "Really enjoyed the instructor, easy to follow and listen to. I appreciated the warm and inviting learning enviornment." –Debra P, American Digital
- "I wanted to extend a big thank you for your generous unemployment scholarship program. It is a wonderful thing you are doing. I've encountered so many who are experiencing financial and emotional burdens, may your kindness be returned many fold. You've aligned with some great talent. Rich was nothing short of top notch. This experience has solidified A+ recommendations to my friends and corporate contacts." – Eric Schroeder
Animation, Banners and HTML Emails
Creating HTML emailsLearn to create and deploy effective HTML email blasts. This 2 day class is for those with little HTML experience who want to create effective email marketing campaigns. Learn to use HTML to create email layouts, forms, import graphics, and formatting with CSS. Best practices to avoid being tagged as a Spammer will also be covered. Students leave with comprehensive skills to return to the office and work with e-marketing.
Adobe edge animateThis class is for those new to animation. Adobe Edge Animate is a way to create Flash-like animations without Flash. This class will enable you to create animated banner ads, add motion to webpages, and create elegant animations. Edge files will play back on the desktop, mobile phone, tablet or any device. Students leave this 2 day class with solid skills to create multiple types of animations for the web.
Answer: Yes, in fact Dreamweaver CC has plugins available for Wordpress and a number of other popular content management systems. This feature can be found in the manage sites panel under site specific code hinting.
Answer: No, although when you are building a site from scratch it is usually recommended that you design for mobile first you can still apply css media queries for a responsive design on your current site.
Ascend has served the Chicago creative community offering the highest quality training programs since 1998. In addition to hands-on classroom training, we feature online and onsite training. Our philosophy is that students learn by doing, and our classes are jam packed with interactive learning experiences. Our class sizes have a maximum of 10 students to ensure individualized attention. All classes on our published calendar feature free retakes for 8 months. Our instructors are the top professionals in their fields, that bring real-world experience to the classroom.