What is Creative Cloud?
Creative Cloud is the new way to use Adobe CS6’s Master Collection. Everything is exactly the same with a couple of differences:
- There are no CD’s, you download from Adobe and install on your computer as before.
- Once a month, the software runs an online check to make sure you’ve paid your monthly fee.
How Much does it Cost?
Rates when signing a 1 year commitment:
- Current CS3 and up users: $29.99 per month until 8/31/2012. In September, $49.99 per month.
- Teacher and Students: $29.99 per month.
- New Customers: $49.99 per month
- Rate for paying month-to-month without a 1 year commitment:
- $74.99 per month with the ability to cancel at any time.
Are they Web-Based Apps?They are NOT Web-based apps. You download the software and install it on your computer just as in the past. The CS6 software is not internet based.
What if my Internet Goes Down?
Your software is safe. Once every 30 days, Creative Cloud runs a check to make sure you are up to date with your subscription. The software will alert you if you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check.
Why did Adobe Introduce Creative Cloud?
Adobe decided that lower upfront costs and better access to updates is essential to those in our industry. In addition, all upgrades are included. When Adobe comes out with new features, they won’t wait 18 months for a new release. Basically, if they develop something as earth shattering as Content Aware was, your update is included in your monthly fee.
Also, you have access to web fonts with Adobe Typekit. Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is also included for delivering content to virtually all devices.
Do I have to Download the Entire Creative Suite?
No–You may download one application, or all of them. If you decide to download other apps later on, you are able to add to your Creative Suite.
What if I have 2 Computers?
You can download the software on 2 computers as long as you are not accessing it on 2 computers at once. A big benefit is if you work on a PC at work, and a Mac at home, you can dowload both versions, so long as they both aren’t being used simutaniously.
What’s with the Cloud Storage?
With Creative Coud, you can sync 2GB of ALL files (not just Adobe files). You can sync between computers, tablets, or mobile devices. Adobe adheres to top level security, and your files are extremely safe.
I Work for a Corporation: Does the membership stay with the organization if an employee leaves?
Yes, the membership for companies is attached to the corporation, not the individual.
I use Dropbox–Why should I switch?
Creative Cloud has capabilities designed specifically for creatives:
- View thumbnails and larger previews of creative files in the browser to make them easier to find visually.
- Change layer states of PSD files and step through Illustrator art boards and InDesign and PDF pages in the browser.
- Easily share files for review via the web browser.
- Convert creative files to PDF to share them with clients and colleagues.
- Sync directly with Adobe Touch Apps and desktop applications to enable a seamless workflow between tablet and desktop.
Are there any more Bells and Whistles?
The montly Creative Cloud gives you access to every app in the Creative Suite, from Photoshop, to Dreamweaver, to InDesign.
- Access to Adobe Typekit: Gives web designers sophisticated fonts on the Web with new capabilities with CSS.
- Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS): Create tablet apps directly within InDesign with interactive features such as pinch and zooms. Create content for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire and other Android devices.
- Adobe will not wait for a new major release to add new features. They will be updated automatically.