Adobe Illustrator Part 2
Current Adobe Illustrator users will learn to create complex images for websites, print and social media. Create powerful imagery using the Gradient Mesh tool, special effects and 3D. Dive deep into Illustrator and create sophisticated logos, ads, flyers or any other flexible vector objects.
Save a workspace. New CC Interface.
Set up multiple artboards. Modify the document setup. Adjust the color of the new User Interface
Select objects, Use Group Isolation Mode, select objects with similar attributes.
Shortcuts for Fill and Stroke.
Use Adobe Bridge to open and view Illustrator files.
- Text in Illustrator: Point type, area type and text on a path.
- Type text along a path. Options for text along a path.
- Character and paragraph Styles for paragraph text.
- Use the Touch Type tool
- Change point type to area type with new tool.
- Create outlines of text.
- Use the text as a mask.
- Understand Global and Non-Global colors. Use Global colors in a gradient for fast color editing.
- Use the live color controls.
- Spot color vs. process colors.
- Use the separations preview.
- Create new gradients from existing swatches.
- Adjust opacity and location of colors within a gradient on screen and for each object.
- Apply gradients to a stroke.
- Use Adobe Color to view, create and save swatches and load them into Illustrator.
- Draw open and closed shapes, use shortcuts.
- Use the pencil and pen tools.
- Understand how Bezier curves work, learn to draw and edit these complex curves.
- Use the new Pen Tool Preview.
- Add, delete and convert points along a bezier path.
- Use the Selection and Direct Selection tools on the paths.
- Use symbols to create elements used repeatedly in animations and complex artwork.
- Use the effects menu with the appearance panel to enhance type and graphic objects with editable, live effects, without altering the underlying structure of the original object.
- Apply multiple fills and strokes to an object or type.
- Create drop shadows, glows, and more.
- Use the stylize effects while retaining full vector editability of objects.
- Use graphic styles to save and name a set of appearance attributes.
- Create and apply graphic styles to objects, replace a style, and see as all objects are updated automatically.
- Use the shape builder tool.
- Use expand and expand appearance.
- Apply transparency to any graphic object, bitmap image, or type in your artwork.
- Blend two objects to create high-end illustrations.
- Crop objects with the clipping mask feature.
- Use 3 drawing modes – draw inside, draw behind and draw normal.
- Create and use new calligraphy, scatter, and art brushes.
- Create a new brush using a bitmap image.
- Use the width tool to change width of a stroke.
- Convert a bitmap into a vector with the new image trace.
- Use live color & live paint to change colors of an image trace or another selected vector graphic.
- Create and apply patterns using the new pattern creator. Apply patterns to objects. Modify the patterns.
- Use the gradient mesh tool to apply realistic 3D shading and highlights to 2D vector objects.
- Use the 3-D feature to extrude text and other Illustrator objects.
- Use 3-D to revolve an object around an axis to make a 3D object.
- Make Graphs in Illustrator.
- Use the Perspective tool to draw in perspective.
- Complex Illustrator layer techniques: Create new layers, change the stacking order, make sub layers, move an object from one layer to another, select objects with the layers panel, lock and hide layers.
- View the expanded hierarchy of elements in the Layers Panel.
- The difference between drag-and-drop vs. export Illustrator layers to Photoshop.
- Import an .ai into Photoshop as a smart object to retain Illustrator file quality.
- Package an Illustrator file for printing.
- Save an Illustrator file for use in InDesign andother programs.