Final Cut Pro X 101: Video Editing with Final Cut Pro
Our Final Cut Pro X training on this non-linear video editing software gives users a solid foundation in video editing techniques. You will learn to log and capture footage, add transitions, mix audio, work with color correction, create titles and more. Students have extensive hands-on real world experiences to master Final Cut Pro X.
NOTE: Apple has discontinued Final Cut Pro 7, and this new version is not compatible with FCP7 files.
- Working with the menus, Project Library and Timeline.
- Understanding how projects work within the timeline.
- The digital video editor workflow: Importing, organizing, placing and editing your final movie.
- Understanding the difference between “Document Based” and “Non-Document Based”.
- How the Playhead works within the Event Clip.
- Importing media into Final Cut Pro X.
- Understanding subclips and defining a range, and u sing the Skimmer to move over thumbnails.
- The difference between Event Clips and Timeline Clips.
- Adding Metadata and keywords to clips and events.
- The 3 types of FCP Subclips: Analysis, Keywords and Ratings.
- Using the Keyword Editor, Keyword Shortcut and how to remove and convert tags.
- Every clip on your timeline can be assigned a role, one audio and one video.
- Using the new “magnetic timeline” to keep together separate clips when working with the timeline to minimize breaks.
- Media Management and the relationshiops between your files and video in FCPX.
- The Project Library: Creating, changing and managing projects.
- Diving into creating a project, importing from different sources, inserting/changing/editing clips.
- Exploring the Final Cut Pro X editing tools.
- Trimming clips.
- Creating Storylines in FCPX to add transitions.
- Working with the Transitions Browser.
- Importing, editing and recording Sound into your timeline.
- Syncronizing audio and video clips to create new, sychronized compound clips.
- Using the Enhancement Menu to alter color in your clip.
- Working with the Exposure tab to adjust contrast.
- Adding static text to the screen with the Text Generator and using the new Controls Tab window.
- Superimposing text over video clips.
- Rendering text and playing it on the timeline.
- Understanding Compositing and how FCP X lets you easily create Transformation and Distortion effects.
- Working the Themes, a collection of transitions and titles for a consistent graphical look.
- Publishing you movie for DVD, Blue-Ray, Apple devices, websites and disc image.