Adobe Photoshop Part 1
This comprehensive Adobe Photoshop class enables students to create professional, complex graphics and edit images. Learn to manipulate photos and graphics for both print and web. Whether you’re new to Photoshop or been using it for years, you will have solid skills and be able to create, edit, and manipulate images with ease in our Adobe Photoshop class.
Our Adobe Photoshop class is great for beginners and seasoned users alike!
- Create and edit digital graphics for websites, marketing, newsletters, packaging, advertising and more
- The differences between Photoshop (raster based) & Illustrator (vector based)
- When to use Photoshop and when to use Illustrator
- How Photoshop works with the other programs in the Creative Cloud family
- Resolution: What is the correct PPI for a particular project
- Images size versus Canvas size
- Resizing images for the best result without loosing quality
- Export file formats for print, web and other digital uses: EPS, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PDF, PNG
- The different color modes: RGB, CMYK
- Working with Bridge to view, search, sort, manage, rename and process image files
- Photoshop tools and Panels
- How the Control Bar changes with each tool you choose
- Forground and Background colors and how they interact with the Swatches and Color panels
- Using Guides, Grids and Smart Guides in Photoshop
- Making Selections in Photoshop and how it differs from Illustrator
- Using the Quick Select tool
- Improving edges of selections with Refine Edge
- Changing the size and hardness of brushes
- Working with the Brushes panel for added features
- Using the Brushes panel for erodible tip and airbrush tip for realistic painting techniques
- The History panel vs. Undo
- How Photoshop saves Snapshots on the History panel
- Creating new layers, layer sets & reordering the stacking order within the layers panel in Photoshop
- Using the Transform functions to Scale, Rotate, Flip, Skew & Distort
- Linking, Aligning and Grouping layers within Photoshop
- How Transforming affects linked layers in Photoshop
- Working with Photoshop’s Styles panel on layers
- Adding individual Layer Styles such as Drop Shadow
- Introduction to Adjustment Layers using Hue/Saturation and the Target Adjustment tool
- Utilizing the Adjustments’ Panel for non-destructive alterations
- Using Smart Objects to scale Illustrator files without losing quality
- Turning a Photoshop layer into a Smart Object to allow for non-destructive transformations
- Layer Modes & how they affect layers underneath in the stacking order
- Using the Shape tool to create editable, vector shapes for web and digital
- Creating shapes freeform, or a specific size
- Changing the fill and stroke of shapes
- Using the Custom Shape tool to create a multitude of different shapes
- Banner Ad sizes and best practices
- Working with text as Vector based, as opposed to Raster based
- Point text versus paragraph text
- Using kerning, tracking & other new text features
- Text sizes and limitations with digital artwork
- What is the best format for my needs?
- Using the Photoshop Save for Web feature for GIF, JPEG and PNG files
- Adjusting images for the web & using the Slice tool
- Dither transparencies to achieve partial transparent effects
- Optimizing web graphics in Photoshop
- Placing graphics from other applications as layers
- Searching layers by type, kind, name, effect, mode or attribute
- Introduction to the use of Layer Masks to hide a portion of an image
- Managing the Properties panel for Pixel or Vector masks
- Refining masks with the Paintbrush or Color range
- How Refine Edge allows to autmoatically output to a Layer Mask
- Working with Smart Objects
Learn to use Adobe Photoshop to create stunning images for print and web with Ascend Training.
Ascend Training’s Adobe Photoshop Level 1 class is a comprehensive course that gives you a solid foundation to create and edit Photoshop images. This class is a great start for new users, and seasoned users who want to fill “holes” in their Photoshop knowledge. We start by understanding the Photoshop interface and how to customize your workflow. Learn how to resize and crop images non-destructively to enable edits down the road.
Your Adobe Authorized Instructor takes you through dozens of hands-on exercises teaching you to properly work with layers, masks, and adjustments. Understand how Photoshop uses type and create effects such as bevel, glow, and shadows. Learn to set up your documents in a way that your web developer can easily interpreate your goal and final image. Create complex vector objects in Photoshop for both print and web. Explore Smart objects and the best workflows to work with other Adobe applications.
We offer classes regularly at our corporate headquarters and simultaneously online. Online students are able to see the instructor’s screen and interact with live students in Chicago. We also offer onsite training at your location worldwide.
For more information about this class, please contact us through our website or call us at (312) 334-2140.
Other Classes of Interest
Adobe Illustrator Level 1: Learn to use this vector application to create line art, logos, infographics and more.
Adobe InDesign Level 1: Master InDesign to create flyers, newsletters, catalogs, books and digital apps.
Photoshop Level 2: Expand your Photoshop skills to include more complex features such as professional retouching and effects.
Responsive Design for Graphic Designers: Create developer-ready files for web and mobile.
Photoshop & Camera RAW: Take your photography skills to the next level using Camera RAW.
We also offer onsite training at your location worldwide. We are happy to customize any of our curriculum to fit your needs. We can offer custom training where the instructor travels to your location, or delivers it online.